Program + Test
Consult with your college/university for advice on requirements. Methods, field experience/internship, and subject matter credit hour requirements* are as follows:
- Methods course(s). Certificated teachers are required to complete related methods coursework in the desired endorsement area.
- Field experience/internship. For at least one endorsement area, certificated teachers are required to complete a supervised practicum which includes teaching in the specific endorsement area. For additional endorsement areas, the college will determine whether to require a field experience/internship, and the extent of that internship
- Complete appropriate content area testing. The WEST-E/NES or an alternative approved through PESB
View available in-state programs.
The endorsements eligible to be added through program + testing are as follows:
- Elementary Education
- Special Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Education
- English Language Learner
- Business & Marketing
- Family Consumer Sciences
- Technology Education
- Library Media - Available through Test Only route until 10/31/18
- Health/Fitness - Available through Test Only route until 5/19/19
- Traffic Safety
**Individuals who hold ELL or Bilingual may add the other endorsement via testing only.
View Testing Information
- In-state program: Follow instructions of your college/university. The college/university will submit verification of program completion to OSPI for you
- Out-of-state program: Complete program, testing, form 1522E, and submit APPLICATION through your E-Certification account
Your out-of-state institution must complete the Institutional Verification of Endorsement Program Completion and Character form (1522E). You must include the completed form when you apply for the additional endorsement.
Note: To add Library Media via Test Only, the test must be successfully completed no later than 10/31/2018 and application submitted no later than 12/31/2018.
Note: To add Health/Fitness via Test Only, the test must be successfully completed no later than 5/19/2019 and application submitted no later than 7/31/2019.