Replacement/Name Change on Certificate
LanguagesA-Z IndexPrinter Friendly Image

For questions:
   (360) 725-6400
   (9:00 am-12:00 pm,
   1:00 pm-4:30 pm)

Open to the public
8:00 am-5:00 pm

Office closed daily from
12:00 pm-1:00 pm

ESD Offices

Helpful Tips

Teachers Administrators ESA CTE

Replacement/Name Change on Certificate


Use this process to:

  • Replace original certificate (must have been lost or destroyed)
  • Change the name on your certificate (not mandatory)
    (If you wait until you next apply for a certificate or renewal, there will be no fee for changing your name at that time)

Educators must submit a signed and notarized application with fee.

For details on the documents needed and process to obtain this certificate, please see the application.


Includes details on the documents needed and process to obtain certification.

Download Certification Forms
Replacement Application (pdf)

For Career and Technical Education (CTE) Certificate (pdf)






Old Capitol Building, PO Box 47200, 600 Washington St. S.E., Olympia, WA  98504-7200  (360) 725-6000  TTY (360) 664-3631
Contact Us    |    A-Z Index    |    Site Info    |    Staff Only    |    Education Data System (EDS)