The 1-year conditional CTE certificate enables a school district, which cannot find a regularly certificated CTE instructor in a specific area, to hire someone who is highly qualified and experienced in that area. The certificate is subject to specific limitations and the teacher must complete a written training plan developed in coordination with the CTE administrator and the CTE advisory committee.
- The candidate is highly qualified and experienced in the knowledge and occupational skills of the CTE program to be certified
- The candidate may be employed in new and emerging occupations as identified by the
Professional Educator Standards Board or its designee.
- The certificate is valid for one year or less.
- The certificate is valid only for the teaching area specified on the certificate.
Screening. The school district must verify the following screening criteria have been met:
- No person with CTE certification in the field is available.
- Certification is for a limited assignment and responsibility in a specified CTE program area.
- The candidate will be oriented and prepared for the specific assignment and will be apprised of any legal liability, the lines of authority, and the duration of the assignment.
- The CTE administrator and local program advisory committee state the basis on which they have determined that the candidate is competent for the assignment
- A written work and/or educational
experience training plan is on file with the employing district.
- The certificate may be reissued on submission of a new application and evidence that requirements continue to be met.
For details on the documents needed and process to obtain this certificate, please see the application.