WaKIDS Coordinators by ESD
- 2012-13 school year: To the extent funds are available, WaKIDS will be used in every state-funded full-day kindergarten classroom in the state of Washington, unless a district applies for, and receives, a waiver.
102 school districts / 308 schools
involving 1,003 teachers / 21,811 kindergartners participated.
View schools that received a waiver. View
complete list of 2012 WaKIDS Schools.
- 2011-12 school year: WaKIDS was voluntarily implemented in some of Washington’s state-funded full-day kindergarten classrooms. These voluntary participants included 68 school districts / 165 schools and involved 479 teachers / 10,000+ kindergarteners. (View the complete list of state-funded full-day kindergarten programs.)
- 2010-11 school year: WaKIDS was piloted in 51 school districts / 63 schools, involving 3000 children in 120 classrooms.
“Washington’s Kindergarten Readiness Tool Plays a Key Role In State’s Race to the Top,” by Paul Nyhan, Thrive by Five Washington website, September 26, 2012
- "Inventory of Developing Skills (WaKIDS) Initiative," by Kevin D. Cummings, The WERA Educational Journal (Volume 4, Number 2), June 2012, pages 22-25
- "Tacoma, Clover Park districts will meet parents as kindergarten begins," by Debbie Cafazzo, The News Tribune, July 17, 2012