Early Learning Collaboration
The purpose of the Early Learning Collaboration component of WaKIDS is to promote a shared understanding of kindergarten readiness; improve the preparedness of children, families, schools, and communities; and ultimately, provide a smooth transition for children and families.
The expectations for Early Learning Collaboration are outlined in RCW 28A.150.310 which includes developing strong connections to community early learning providers and participating in kindergarten-readiness activities.
School districts are collaborating with early learning providers in a variety of ways, including:
- Participating in shared professional development
- Sharing PreK-K transition reports
- Reviewing WaKIDS data
- Coordinating cross-program visits
- Co-hosting kindergarten-readiness events for preschoolers and their families
- Attending local early learning coalition meetings