- 2015–16 School Year, Required Student Transportation Operations Reports - B046-15 Attach 1, Attach 2, Form 1, Form 2, Form 3, Form 4, Form 5, Form 6, Form 7, Form 8
- Student Transportation Key Performance Indicators - M023-15
- School Transportation Relative Efficiency Ratings - M018-15, Attach 1
- Student Transportation Operation Allocation 2014–15 - B006-15, Attach 1
- School Bus Safety Week, October 20–24, 2014 - M062-14, Attach 1
- School Bus Inspection Results, 2013–14 School Year - M057-14, Attach 1
- 2014–15 Reimbursement and Categories for School Buses - B055-14, Attach 1
- School Bus Driver Compliance Report, School Year 2014–15 - M049-14
- 2014–15 State Accepted Quotes for School Bus Categories -
- 2014–15 School Year, Required Student Transportation Operations Reports -
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Reviews School District
Personnel Records and Hiring Processes for School Bus Drivers and
Mechanic Staff Positions -
- National Transportation Safety Board Highway Accident Report, Gray Summit, Missouri (PDF)
- Development of Student Transportation Funding Methodology Options for Washington State (PDF, 908 KB)
- School Walk and Bike Routes: A Guide for Planning and Improving Walk and Bike to School Options for Students (PDF, 2.74 MB)
A publication developed by the Washington Traffic Safety Commission and the Washington State Department of Transportation, this guide is a valuable resource for those wishing to establish or monitor safe walking routes to and from school.
- The Relative Risks of School Travel (PDF, 2.2 MB)
This 2002 study from the National Academy of Sciences is a very comprehensive comparison of the risks associated with the various modes of travel to and from school. There is an excellent executive summary.
- School Bus Safety: Crashworthiness Research (PDF, 3.2 MB)
This 2002 study from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is the result of the US Congress requesting the US Department of Transportation to investigate the safety value of installing safety belts on school buses. Lots of technical information.
- Pupil Transportation in Vehicles Not Meeting Federal School Bus Standards (PDF, 764 KB)
This Highway Special Investigation Report from the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) discusses the issue of transporting students in vehicles other than school buses. Specifically addresses the additional risks involved in the use of “non-conforming vans” (AKA “15 passenger vans”).
- Vans Used for School Transportation (PDF, 20 KB)
A position paper from the National Association of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Services that discusses the NTSB study of the use of non-conforming vans in school transportation.
- Pupil Transportation System Security: Different Times – Added Responsibilities (PDF, 55 KB)
A position paper from the National Association of State Directors of Student Transportation Services that discusses school transportation security in the post-9/11 world. An overview providing guidance on an action plan.