In 2013, the U.S. Department of Education strongly encouraged OSPI to limit the use of the HOUSSE form in all areas with the exception of special education. The effective date for limiting district use of the Points-Based HOUSSE is August 31, 2014 (010-14M).
Special Education Teacher Exception
After August 31, 2014, districts may only use a “revised” version HOUSSE form to document content expertise in core academic subject areas for special education teachers. The revised
Special Education HOUSSE forms are available in the 2014–2015 HQT Data
For the 2015–16 school year, with special permission from the U.S. Department of Education, OSPI will accommodate school districts who failed to upload HOUSSE forms prior to August 31, 2014 for eligible educators. Districts must submit iGrants Form Package 752 (15-16) to appeal existing HOUSSE forms for eligible educators.
The window for submitting HOUSSE (Highly Objective Uniform State Standard of Evaluation) appeals for eligible educators will open on November 1, 2015. The submission deadline is Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
Districts must provide all required information and documentation for each HOUSSE Appeal and submit iGrants Form Package 752 by the deadline.
iGrants FP 752
iGrants Form Package 752 will allow school districts to appeal existing HOUSSE forms for eligible educators. Every educator for whom the school district submits a HOUSSE appeal must meet all three criteria below:
- Assigned to a classroom or course for the 2015–2016 school year.
- Was reported by a Washington state public school district on a S-275 or CEDARS report anytime between the dates of September 1, 2011 – June 30, 2014 with a Staff Type Code of:
- 31x (Elementary Teacher)
- 32x (Secondary Teacher)
- 33x (Other Teacher)
- 63x (Contracted Teacher).
- Had a previously completed HOUSSE form(s) signed and dated before August 31, 2014 on file at the district but not entered into the Highly Qualified Teacher Data Collection Tool (EDS).
See OSPI Memoranda 060-15 for additional information. For access to iGrants, contact your district data security manager.
Deadline — Thursday, January 14, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
Districts must provide all required information and documentation for each HOUSSE appeal and submit iGrants Form Package 752 by the deadline. Only complete HOUSSE appeals will be reviewed. The Form Package will lock after the submission deadline and no additions will be allowed. OSPI will not accept appeals received after the deadline.
Things to Know
- HOUSSE Appeal window is for this year only (SY 15–16).
- Appeals are for eligible educators only.
- Districts must provide all required information and documentation for each HOUSSE Appeal by the deadline — January 14, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
- Only complete appeals will be reviewed.
- iGrants FP 752 will lock after submission deadline and no additions will be allowed.
- OSPI will not accept HOUSSE appeals received after the deadline.
Webinar — Learn More About iGrants FP 752
On November 5, 2015, Title II, Part A program staff will outlined the three steps a district must complete for each HOUSSE appeal and provided a live demo of how districts will submit required information and documentation through iGrants Form Package 736.
Webinar | Handout