Election of Members to Educational Service District Board of Directors
During the fall of each odd-numbered year, OSPI conducts elections to fill expiring ESD Board of Director positions for the nine Educational Service Districts throughout Washington.
Candidates for ESD Board of Directors must be a registered voter and a resident of the board-member district for which the candidate files. ESD board members are elected to a four-year term, unless they are filling an unexpired term.
ESD Directors are elected by each member of a public school district board of directors within the educational service district.
Sample Election Timeline (odd-numbered years only)
- Initial press release – May
- Call for Election and filing materials available – August 25
- Candidate filing period – September 1 through 16
- Ballots mailed – by October 1
- Ballots must be postmarked on or before October 16
- Ballots counted – between October 21 and October 25
- Run-off election (if needed) – call for run-off by November 1 and process completed by November 25
- Term begins for those elected – second Monday in January
If you have questions regarding the process, you may contact Kristin Murphy with Administrative Resource Services at 360-725-6133 or by email,