Agencies and Organizations
Frequently Asked Questions (coming soon)
American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD)
The National Association for Sport and
Physical Education (NASPE) offers an array of teaching tools and guidance documents to help you
engage with your students, implement best practices, educate parents, and
motivate children to engage in a lifetime of physical activity.
- NASPE’s Teacher Toolbox – Visit the toolbox every month to download instant
activity ideas, classroom resources, and physical activity calendars. Available
for early childhood, elementary, and secondary school in English and Spanish.
- Guidance Documents – NASPE makes guidance documents available on a wide
variety of sport and physical education topics. Some topics include Physical
Education Teacher Evaluation Tool, Difference Between Physical Activity and
Physical Education, and/or Teaching Large Class Sizes in Physical Education.
- Tools for Observing Quality Physical Education – Use the following tools to
assess the quality of your school(s) physical education program.
- NASPE Higher Education Teaching Tools – NASPE has developed lesson plans,
student activities, PowerPoint presentations, and a course syllabus for
professional preparation faculty to use in their classes to help educate future
professionals about NASPE and what it means to be a professional.
- NASPE Supplemental Issues of Strategies – NASPE is please to bring you two
supplemental Strategies issues with the themes of “Fitness Education and
Assessment in Physical Education” and “Sport and School Programs.”
- Surveys – NASPE surveys on quality physical education and physical activity.