GATE Partnership Advisory Committee Meetings
The GATE Partnership Advisory Committee is an open group made up of
educators, social services, industry, and community organizations invested in
youth success. Our goal is to provide ways to better collectively address both
academic and non-academic youth barriers and supports.
Interested groups and individuals should attend a meeting or contact us at
Tuesday, December 8, 2015 | 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Educational Service District 113, Tumwater
Participant Roster (PDF)
+ September 15, 2014: Attendance
Attendance is an equity issue. Absenteeism is a symptom. Addressing the root causes requires supports both in the school and the community.
+ June 2, 2015: Transitions
Transitions can be multi-dimensional and complex for youth, families and systems. For students, especially those with challenges, transitions can also be an easy spot to disengage. How we plan for and support youth through transitions can directly affect student achievement.
+ March 10, 2015: Student and Adult Engagement
- Agenda (PDF)
- Healthy Youth Survey (PDF)
- Results from the 2014 Healthy Youth Survey. Trends in substance use, risk and protective factors, and how these correlate with academic performance.
- Boys and Girls Club (PDF)
- A presentation featuring B&G clubs of Thurston County and B&G Club of South Puget Sound. The presentation includes elements of engagement, aligning outcome measures with partner schools, aligning supports to meet those goals.
+ June 4, 2013
- Graduation Rates (PDF)
Deb Came, OSPI
- Healthy Youth Survey (PDF)
Linda Becker, DSHS/DBHR
- GATE Progress and Structure (PDF)
Dixie Grunenfelder, OSPI and GATE Backbone Members
- Open Doors 1418 Youth Reengagement (PDF)
Sue Furth, OSPI
- Early Warning Indicator Workgroup (PDF)
Sue Furth, OSPI, and Judy Hall, DSHS
- Dropout Prevention, Intervention, and Reengagement Inventory (PDF)
Ron Hertel, OSPI, and Rhett Nelson, OSPI
+ March 5, 2013
- ERDC on the Educational Outcomes and Beyond (PDF)
A briefing on the P20 for K12 reports, also known as the high school feedback reports, and how those are used at the building level. Additionally an Overview of the postsecondary enrollment research brief and other ERDC projects. Katie Weaver-Randall, Office of Financial Management.
- Ready for Life?
How Career and Technical Education, 21st Century Skills, and Worksite learning tie together to lead students to post graduation success. Bryan Erickson, Evergreen Public Schools
- The Role of Internships in Dropout Prevention (PDF)
A chance to learn about the PASS Act-funded Opportunity Internship Program administered by the Workforce Training Board. Mike Brennan, Workforce Training Board.
- The Keys to Student Success: Attendance Matters (PDF)
An overview of the efforts in Franklin Pierce School District to align data and school policy, and the positive results they are seeing in student outcomes. Wendy Dolan, School Counselor, Elmhurst Elementary, Franklin Pierce School District.