Training Materials and Webinars
English Language Learners
Gender Identity and Expression
Supporting Transgender & Gender Nonconforming Students
This webinar is presented by the Gay, Lesbian & Straight Education Network (GLESN) and supported by a cooperative agreement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. It discusses the role that gender identity and expression play in students’ school experiences, and strategies for educators to create safer schools for transgender and gender nonconforming students.
Bullying, Harassment, and Civil Rights – August 14, 2014
A video designed to help schools, parents, and others understand the differences between harassment and bullying, and their legal obligations with respect to both. This video was developed in collaboration among federal agencies, including the U.S. Departments of Education and Justice.
- How to Complete the Equity Assurance Report in iGrants 447
- Preparing for the Civil Rights Consolidated Program Review (CPR) 2014-15
Pregnant and Parenting Students
- Civil Rights Protections for Pregnant and Parenting Students - January 29, 2014
This webinar covers the educational obstacles for pregnant and parenting
students, civil rights protections for these students under state and federal
laws, and programs and strategies to assist educators in supporting pregnant and
- Navigating Section 504 (Training Video) – October 29, 2013 (WMV)
This video provides a step-by-step overview of Section 504, from determining eligibility to developing and implementing Section 504 accommodation plans. The video recording was provided courtesy of the Kent School District.
- Serving Students with Disabilities in ALE Programs – March 25, 2014