Title I Academic Achievement Award
The Academic Achievement Award is an award to honor Title I schools that have significantly raised achievement in math and/or reading through a specific strategy.
- A $10,000 award that may be used for professional development, team building, additional research and developing new strategies.
- Statewide recognition at conferences and on OSPI’s website.
Principals, administrators and educators may submit nominations. Self
nominations are acceptable. Nominated schools will be asked to complete a
comprehensive application. For additional information on the nomination and application procedures, please review Memorandum No. 045–12.
Any Title I school that has met Annual Measurable Objectives (AMOs) in school year ending in 2012 and Adequate Yearly Progress (AYP) in school years ending in 2010 and 2011, in math and
reading may be nominated.
An OSPI committee will review all completed applications based on the following
- Quality of the description of strategies and processes.
- Potential for successful adoption of strategies at other
- Replication of results.
- Process used for addressing the Nine Characteristics of High
Contact Larry Fazzari at (360) 725-6100 for additional information about this
and other Title I programs.