Washington’s ESSA Consolidated Plan Review
The Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) plans to release Washington’s Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) DRAFT Consolidated Plan for public comment early November.
The public comment period opened on November 15, 2016, and will be open for at least 90 days.
With the release, OSPI will host three in-person review tours across the state and one GoToWebinar to provide an overview of the draft plan, respond to questions on the process and content of the draft plan, and provide information on how to submit comments on the draft plan, that will be submitted to the U.S. Department of Education.
Dr. Gil Mendoza, Deputy Superintendent of K–12 Education and Gayle Pauley, Assistant Superintendent of Special Programs and Federal Accountability will facilitate the review tours.
November 14, 6:30–8:30 pm, Highline Performing Arts Center, Burien, WA
November 15, 6–8 pm, Selah Performing Arts Center/Selah Middle School, Selah, WA
November 16, 6–8 pm, Spokane Convention Center, Spokane, WA
November 28, 6–8 pm, Webinar, Register (required)
Each review tour is open to the public and will cover:
- An overview of the draft plan
- Response to comments on the process and content of the draft plan
- Information on how to submit comments to the draft plan
Except for the webinar, there is no registration required. For questions about the forum in your area, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon arrival, print your first and last name on the Review Tour Sign-in sheet.
- If you would like to comment, please put a check mark in the requested comment box.
- Comments related to OSPI’s process in developing the plan and to the content of the draft plan will be allowed from 7:15–8:30 pm (Burien) and 6:45–8 pm (Selah and Spokane).
- Comment sign-up will be closed at 7 pm (Burien) and 6:30 pm (Selah and Spokane).
- Each person signed-up to comment will be called upon, in the order
listed on the Review Tour sign-in sheet.
- The person called upon should go to the designated microphone. If
accommodation is required, a microphone will be brought to you.
- Each person will be allowed three (3) minutes to comment; dependent on
the number of persons signing up to comment.
If you are unable to comment during the review tour, please follow-up by submitting your formal comments to Washington’s DRAFT ESSA Consolidated Plan, once the draft plan is released for the
90-day public comment period, in writing, online at
JPG download for Twitter and Facebook
Flyer download, half sheet on 8.5x11 (PDF)