The ESSA Consolidated Plan
Email me when this page is updated
What is ESSA and the Consolidated Plan?
replaced No Child Left Behind (NCLB) on December 10, 2015. It is the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA). ESSA will be fully operational in school year 2017-18.
The ESSA Consolidated Plan draft is the planning document that outlines how Washington will implement the law. The document is split into nine sections, based on the Titles included in the law:
- Title I, Part A: Improving Basic Programs Operated by Local Educational Agencies
- Title I, Part C: Education of Migratory Children
- Title I, Part D: Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth Who Are Neglected, Delinquent, or At-Risk
- Title II, Part A: Supporting Effective Instruction
- Title III, Part A: English Language Acquisition, Language Enhancement, and Academic Achievement
- Title IV, Part A: Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants
- Title IV, Part B: 21st Century Community Learning Centers
- Title V, Part B, Subpart 2: Rural and Low-Income School Program
- Title VII, Subpart B of the McKinney Vento-Homeless Assistance Act: Education for Homeless Children and Youth Program
Read the ESSA Consolidated Plan second draft.
How can I help?
Read through the second draft of the ESSA Consolidated Plan or attend a webinar, and let us know what you think!
Letter from the Superintendent
You can provide feedback though our public comment form from now until September 5, 2017.
How can I learn more about ESSA?
What is the timeline for the ESSA Consolidated Plan?
The ESSA Consolidated Plan will be submitted to the U.S. Department of Education on September 18, 2017.
Who crafted the ESSA Consolidated Plan?
The OSPI ESSA Leadership Team is OSPI Deputy’s Leadership Team is Michaela Miller, Gayle Pauley, Gil Mendoza, Doug Gill, Michael Merrin, Deb Came, Maria Flores, Paula Moore, and Sue Anderson.
ESSA Consolidated Plan Team
See how these groups work together in the Organizational Chart for ESSA Consolidated Plan.
Teams and Workgroups – This document outlines the purpose and duties of various teams and workgroups convened under the ESSA Consolidated Plan process.
Except where otherwise noted, the Washington ESSA Consolidated Plan developed by the by Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.