The application period for the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program is now open.
The application process is:
- OSPI/CNS invites all eligible elementary schools to apply. The invitation
announcement is sent via email to superintendents and food service directors (or
business managers if using a food service management company), identifying
eligible school(s) within the Local Education Agency (LEA).
- The application period is typically no more than a month; reminder emails
are sent twice to ensure as many applicants as possible.
- Late applications are not considered.
- Schools with the highest free and reduced-price enrollment, based on October
31st building data, are selected for participation.
- OSPI/CNS sends funding determination letters to superintendents and food
service directors (or business managers) by June 30th.
- OSPI/CNS posts the updated participant list on the FFVP website by July
Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program (FFVP) Contacts:
Jennifer Mitchell, Summer Food and Special Projects Supervisor
Amber Horan, Administrative Assistant
Michelle McLain, Fiscal Analyst