CTE Approved Logos
Below is the guide to using the new CTE: Learning that works for Washington logo. Please review the brand user guide before downloading CTE logos.
The CTE brand is a registered trademark of the National Association of State Directors of Career Technical Education Consortium(NASDCTEc). This user’s guide is intended for the express purpose of providing authorized users with the implementation guidelines, graphic standards and understanding necessary to build and sustain a strong, consistent image and messaging for the CTE brand, its brand story and its value proposition.
Why is it important? Consistent usage and vigilant stewardship are critical in order to effectively establish the CTE brand. By following the guidelines and standards outlined in this user’s guide, you will help create awareness and recognition for CTE that enhances its leadership position among key audiences and underscores the value of CTE.
By using the CTE brand logo, brand theme and brand messaging in your communications, you are also affirming your commitment to the CTE brand promise and the five vision principles that guide CTE and were adopted by CTE leaders across the nation in 2010. For more information on the CTE vision, visit
- CTE is critical to ensuring that the United States leads in global competitiveness.
- CTE actively partners with employers to design and provide high-quality, dynamic programs.
- CTE prepares students to succeed in further education and careers.
- CTE is delivered through comprehensive programs of study aligned to The National Career Clusters Framework.
- CTE is a results-driven system that demonstrates a positive return on investment.
This is not only about proper usage of the logo. It’s also about what the CTE brand represents and how CTE is positioned for leadership in addressing key issues facing our nation. You play an important role in this national CTE initiative, and your use of the CTE brand assets is a clear and visible endorsement of this initiative. Like all valued brands, we build it one impression at a time in all that we do in the name of the brand. It has meaning—and it makes a difference. As such, the CTE brand image can only be used in authorized ways that are consistent with its brand promise and character.
CTE Brand Guidelines at a Glance Complete details regarding the proper and authorized use of the CTE brand image are included in the following pages. But here’s a quick look at the basics:
- Always use all three components of the CTE brand image.
- Do not stretch or modify the CTE brand image in any way.
- Do not change the size/space relationship between components of the brand image.
- Use only the colors and type fonts specified in the brand guidelines.
- Using the CTE brand image on items for sale is prohibited.
- Authorized use of the state-specific versions of the CTE brand image is limited to state agencies and educational institutions that offer CTE programs.
If you have any questions, please contact CTE – Washington at (360) 725-6245 or contact NASDCTEc.
CTE Brand User Guide
Approved CTE Logos