Online learning governs instruction that takes place primarily through the computer. Each school district has their own online learning policy and practice. The district policy will dictate if and how they provide online learning opportunities.
Parents and students, are you interested in online learning? Please refer to our parent and student overview for information on this process.
Intended for schools and course providers, this guide provides detailed information on:
- School responsibilities
- Provider assurances
- Approval process
- Performance standards
- Sample documentation
- Model policy and best practice in online learning
An informative document to distribute to students and their families. This explains the online learning enrollment process, and includes where to go for more information, available options, and an area to personalize schools' information.
Public schools and programs approved to offer full-time online enrollment.
Course providers approved to offer courses to Washington schools by contract.
A searchable list of courses offered by approved online course providers.
Apply to become an online learning school program (districts only) or course provider.
Meeting information and official membership.
- Legislative Reports
- 2017 (for the 2015-16 school year)
- 2016 (for the 2014-15 school year)
- 2015 (for the 2013-14 school year)
- 2014 (for the 2012-13 school year)
- 2013 (for the 2011-12 school year)
- 2012 (for the 2010-11 school year)
- 2011 (for the 2009-2010 school year)
- 2009 (for the 2008-2009 school year)